Update: V1.1 PBR materials improved, overhead wires added to the catenary
Imagine this truly peculiar scene: a fast jet taxies to the runway and needs to stop at a railway crossing as the red light is flashing and wait until the slowest express train in the world, the famous Glacier Express, has cleared the crossing!
In essence, this is what you get with this addon!
Note: The primary difference between our freeware scenery of Ulrichen (available for PC only on flightsim.to) and this payware version of the airport, is the animated Glacier Express with flashing red lights where the taxiway crosses the railway!
Besides that, this airport scenery also offers these highligts:
- The highest jet fighter air base in Europe.
- Moving Glacier Express, the slowest express train of the world. The train moves every 5 minutes over a distance of almost 4.5km, resulting in a speed of 54 km/h which matches the top speed speed of the real HGe 4/4 I.
- The Furka-Oberalp (FO) railway is modeled fully in the area of the airport, including a precise replica of the catenary with wooden masts.
- Two taxiways are crossing first the FO railway and then the young Rhone river (called Rotten up there) over wooden bridges to connect two remote aircraft shelters. So, from these parking places you have to taxi over a wild mountain river and cross the railway to reach the runway!
- Besides the moving Glacier Express, a fuel train with an authentic FO HGe 4/4 I locomotive and a couple of jet fuel tank cars (which existed on the Swiss narrow gauge networks exactly for the purpose to supply remote Alpine air bases with fuel) is waiting on a siding next to the airport.
- The Glacier Express once was constituted by the three railway companies Rhaetian Railways (RhB), Furka Oberalp Railway (FO) and Brig-Visp-Zermatt-Bahn (BVZ) who have all provided part of the rolling stock.
The appearance of the Glacier Express is very colorful with another replication of an He 4/4 I locomotive and five passenger coaches.
- The coaches are all either a different model or have a different livery. The five coaches are: FO B4263, RhB AB1517, BVZ B2263, RhB A1255 and FO B4264.
- The U-68 aircraft shelters and the hangar recreate the scenery exactly as it looked at the early 1970ies.
- An aerial image from 1967 was used to recreate correctly the layout and every detail of the airport.
- Spectacular location to take off with Swiss military airplanes, be it the F/A 18, the PC-6, the Ju-52 or even the freeware Hawker Hunter from Dave Garwood (PC only).
- Ulrichen had a spectacular canyon-approach, for which the pilot had to literally throw down his aircraft the steep flanks of the Minstiger-Valley.
- If you have installed the Hawker Hunter package from Dave Garwood (from flightsim.to, PC only), a squadron of static aircraft will be shown.
Some information about the real airfield:
- Build during WWII as a Reduit air base for the Swiss Air Force in 1942.
- Extension of the runway 1960.
- Jet airbase for a squadron Hawker Hunter aircraft.
- Closed in 1999.
- Even after 1999, the airport was sometimes used by the by the Italian helicopter manufacturer AgustaWestland as high altitude test airport.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020
Tuotteeseen liittyvää tukea on saatavilla Tarkista kehittäjän verkkosivusto here . Kaikki kysymykset voi myös lähettää sähköpostitse osoitteeseen [email protected] - tavanomaisissa tapauksissa kehittäjä vastaa 48 tunnin kuluessa
More Products by Model Instruments
Discover more products from this developer.