Release 1.10 now available!
Demo of v1.10 here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnWmnS-7iAI
AS33 flapped racing glider with ballast, retractable engine, and full cross-country digital panel. Detailed model with removable pilot, wing-flex, flaperons, fin strobe and ballast dump effects.
* Accurate max 56:1 flight performance, calibrated across all flap settings and with/without ballast.
* Self-launch via retractable engine
* Full competition soaring panel. Total-energy, netto and speed-to-fly varios. State-of-the-art Nav Panel with moving map with task including start/finish lines. XCSoar-style flight data display including required glide slope to waypoint, achieved glide, and predicted arrival height. Predicted altitude calculation can be applied around multiple waypoints factoring in the headwind/tailwind affecting each leg. Task page which confirms task completion giving completion distance and speed plus speeds for each leg of the task.
* Metric/Imperial units settable for all instruments, plus personal preferences such as dark or light instrument backgrounds.
Thanks to everyone who has provided great feedback to help us bring you our sailplanes / gliders for MSFS 2020.
This model incorporates the self launching electric motor currently used on the AS 34 Me standard class sailplane.
This is a work in progress and we would appreciate feedback to ensure we can offer the closest to real world simulation sailplanes, either as completely freeware and on the odd occasion, low cost payware.
For any freeware aircraft, if you like the model and would like to make a donation please use the link below and it will be very much appreciated. But I wish to make it clear, absolutly no functionality has been restricted in this freeware model. Making a donation will not unlock "extra features", every function is activated and any donations are purely voluntary and not an essential requirment.
- The self-launch engine is designed for simplicity, i.e. from a stowed engine the engine start is designed to take 12 seconds (engine management on, engine extract, throttle up to start)
- Main Nav Panel shows real time map display with flight plan, attitude indicator, and other aircraft.
- Airspeed indicator and main Vario feature multi function menu's with various uptions (please explore the menus, we hope you like them).
- ASI will glow red when approaching stall or overspeed and incorporates digital airspeed, air pressure and altitude.
- Vario incorporates Maccready Setting, Speed To Fly (units and green needle indication) and average climb rate.
- Multifunction display below the ASI defaults to compass with wind direction and speed. Changing trim will automatically switch to the trim screen and flicking the Ballast Dump toggle switches will automatically switch the screen to the ballast display screen. The screen will default back to the compass after a few seconds.
- The vario sound is configurable on / off / or lift only. A volume knob is provided.
- The "Task" page on the Nav panel will show the task loaded from a MSFS Flight Plan, and allow the Start and Finish waypoints to be set so task speeds can be calculated and displayed. On task completion a summary is provided including validation of waypoints and overall speed.
- Negative flaps are accurately modelled, i.e. the '-2' flap is optimal from Vne to 160kph, '-1' to 130kph, and '0' below 130 kph.
- Ballast is modelled with the weights of the tanks correct and in the correct places, dumping takes the same amout of time as the real AS33 (3..4 mins) with a ballast effect. MSFS does a very good job adjusting the aicraft handling between fully ballasted and dry.
- Just like the real glider, this model features the Alexander Scheicher anti collision light on the tail section which is activated with the toggle switch labeled Strobe.
- The wheel brake is linked to the spoilers and is effective between 75% and 100%. A red bar on the ASI indicates the spoiler extension, and a similar red bar on the vario indicatios the use of the wheel brake.
- Plus many more, please spend some time exploring the model and features
- Work in progress includes wingflex.
Youtube video of the engine controls can be found here: https://youtu.be/vo2bMZnkFRM
HOW TO INSTALL:
Extract the download to your MSFS Community Folder.
Make sure you folder structure is /Community/madolo-as33me/SimObjects/ etc.
MADolo Simulations (3D model, animations and interior textures)
B21 (Custom coding, flight dynamics and sound)
Chris Bullas (Exterior Textures)
Special thanks: Jonx (without your help this project would never have even started)
Wiek Schoenmakers, tjburni, RPSims, jetSonic, Lukas, Khero, taykay8888
All the UKVGA guys for your support
Anyone else that gave advise along the way, there are far to many for me to remeber them all.
This file has been checked for viruses using virustotal.com and should therefore should be safe to use. However, this file is used entirely at your own risk.
No other website has permission to list this model, even if it references back to us the original creators. If you wish to share this model with friends, please do so by directing them to this site to ensure they receeive the most up to date version and to ensure the integrity of the model. Please do not share the file.