Important - Required Library!
Bear Island requires that our own Emerald Object Library be installed! Failure to install our free library will result in a 99% broken addon!
Bear Island, Florida for MSFS is the third iteration of this popular island airstrip scenery, which started its journey with FSX back in 2013. The scenery was later reduxed in 2017, adding custom objects and vegetation. It became one of the most detailed freeware airstrips for FSX & P3D, and was the first ESD airstrip to use SODE for environmentally-dynamic features.
With Bear Island showing its age compared to the detail in MSFS, a port from FSX could not be imagined. So, Bear Island has once again been reworked to closely resemble the FSX scenery, yet add greater detail. Both airstrip buildings have been remodeled with higher detail and 4K PBR materials. The imagery has been AI upscaled to 15cm/px, the island now includes a 2-meter Digital Elevation Model, and a few of the environmentally-dynamic features have found their way back into the scenery.
Bear Island is spawnable using its fictional ICAO code: RNBI. A parking spawn has also been added to the hangar where smaller aircraft, such as Cessna’s and Piper’s can be spawned. The main restriction here being aircraft height and length.
- 15cm/px aerial imagery.
Hand-corrected and AI upscaled from 30cm/px.
- 2-meter digital elevation model.
Giving at least some definition to an already pretty flat island.
- One way in, one way out runway.
Watch your wing clearance!
- Hand-placed, native vegetation.
Weeds, Wildflowers, Palmettos, and Reeds.
- Custom detailed dock house, hangar and various clutter models.
Up to 4k resolution PBR materials. Window rain VFX, and environmental occlusion for the open hangar.
- "The Frog" – The Frog really likes rain. He can be found perched on a rock near the dock when rain is reported in the area.
- Water Puddles – Only visible when rain is reported in the area.
- Burn Barrel – Burn Barrel VFX will appear once temperatures fall to 50℉/10℃ or below.
The included "esd-airport-rnbi-bear-island" folder should be placed into your MSFS "Packages\Community" folder. The scenery will load the next time you start Microsoft Flight Simulator.
Stay in the loop!
Stay in the loop with news on future projects and updates, get product support, or just come say hello on our Discord! You can also find Emerald Scenery Design on the following social media platforms:
Thank you for your support!
Thank you to everyone who has supported me in creating these detailed addons! If you would like to help me continue to make addons like this, check out my current payware offerings, or consider leaving a donation!
Cant afford monetary support? You can also support me by:
- Leaving me a honest Review and Rating.
- Sharing or posting about my addons in your groups and communities.
- Checking out my YouTube channel for other flightsim and development related content!